Did you forget your wifi password, or if you want to know the password of your friend’s wifi which is connected to your Android phone. Then you are on the right place. Here we are showing how you can view saved wifi password on Android and Windows 10.
There are some occasion when you go for a long leave to home from office you may forget your office wifi password. As the wifi connect automatically to already connected device you need not to enter the password again. But you don’t know the password and you don’t have access to Router panel also. Another situation is when our wifi is not working we may use our neighbour’s wifi, in this case they will not give you their wifi password. They will get it connected and disconnect it from your phone after use. In both the case if you really wish to know the password of the connected wifi network you can simply get password in your Android phone itself you don’t need any computer. If you have a computer the it will be little more easy. In computer you can view saved wifi password for both connected and disconneted network.
View saved wifi password on Android
If you want to know the saved password of your wifi and don’t have access to Router panel. Then this process will help you to view saved wifi password on Android without any root. You will need the help of a third party for the purpose. Follow the steps below.
- Open wifi settings page on your Android phone to see the network your are connected
- Besides the SSID you can can see a QR code icon just click on it or by taping the connected network, a QR Code screen will pop-up.
- Take a screen shot of the QR code.
- Now Download and install any of the QR code reader from the PlayStore or download it from the below link.
- Now open the QR code reader app and click on image icon to add a QR code image.
When asked, just “Allow” the permission to add the image from your device.)
- Now add the QR code screen shot which we have already taken. Once you added the image, just click on start. Then the app will scan and convert the QR code image into text.
- Then it will display the password of wifi.
That’s all. The most secure and easy step’s isn’t
Related Post : Create a WiFi hotspot from Android which is already connected to WiFi
View saved wifi password on Windows 10
If you want to see the password of a wifi network which is already conected to your computer, then it will be very easy. follow the steps below.
- Right click on the wifi icon at the botton right corner, select ‘Open network and intenet settings‘.
- Then click on ‘Networking and Sharing center‘ at the bottom. Click on your connected network.
- Click on ‘wireless properties‘ and then on ‘security‘ at the top.
- In the next screen check the ‘show character‘ box you can see the wifi password to the right of ‘Network Security Key‘
Related Post : How to Download Facebook video to your Gallery without any Application
View Password of previously connected WiFi networks
If you want to know the password of the previously connected wifi network you can do it simply with windows 10
- Type “Command prompt” in the search bar.
- Right click on command prompt and select ‘Run as Administator‘
- In Command Prompt, first type the command “netsh wlan show profiles” (without the quotes) and press Enter, to get a list of all the WiFi networks you’ve ever connected to.
- Then, type the command “netsh wlan show profile name=NetworkName key=clear” and press Enter to get details of the WiFi network. Don’t forget to replace NetworkName with the name of the WiFi network, whose password you want to know.
- After you have entered the command, you will find the WiFi network’s password in “Key content“.
Likewise you can see password of all the connected wifi devices, how simple isn’t.
Related Post : Control your Android Smartphone from your PC for free with scrcpy
How to view saved wifi password on Android and Windows 10
we learned how to view saved wifi password on Android and Windows 10. I think both the steps are very easy and understood to you all. A person with basic knowledge can simple do this. So, start viewing your WiFi passwords and do let us know, if you come across any issues with the process. Sound off in the comments section below.