Are you looking for an idea on how to connect mobile internet to pc via wifi, that is how to use the same wifi that your android phone is using to other devices. If we are saying in another way how to make your android phone as a wifi hotspot or wifi router
Imagine the following situations:-
- You are in an Airport or Hotel there you will get a username and password for using free wifi. If you need to connect wifi to mutiple devices sometimes that may not be possible.
- Your Laptop is not getting proper signal in some part of your house, But your smartphone is, and you wish to use your smartphone as WiFi repeater.
- Your want to get mutiple device under same WiFi network for file sharing etc but you don’t have a WiFi router.
Here the question arise ‘How to connect mobile internet to pc via wifi’. All three of the problem could be solved if you can just create a WiFi hotspot from an Android, which is already connected to WiFi network. But there is one big problem – due to Android restriction, you can not share WiFi while connected to the WiFi network. Yes, Android does come with a Portable WiFi Hotspot option, which when turned ON, will create a new WiFi hotspot. But the key here is – you can share the internet from your mobile data to WiFi.
Thankfully, there is a way to convert your Android into a WiFi repeater. Meaning, your Android is connected to a WiFi network and you can create a hotspot sharing the same WiFi network. And both devices will be able to use the Internet at the same time. So, next time you visit a Hotel or an Airport, where they give you internet access in only one device, using this workaround you can turn on Android smartphone as a WiFi repeater, and get Internet in multiple devices. No need to rely on mobile data and the speed is pretty fast as well.
Gratefully, there is a way to change over your Android into a WiFi repeater. Meaning, your Android is connected with a WiFi system and you can make a hotspot having a similar WiFi network. And both the device will be able to utilize the Internet at the sametime. So, next time you visit a Hotel or an Airport, where they give you web access in just a single gadget, utilizing this workaround you can turn on Android cell phone as a WiFi repeater, and get Internet in different gadgets. No need to depend on mobile network and the speed is quite quick also.
How to connect mobile internet to pc via wifi and How does it work
Well, the trick is very easy, all you need is an app and some basic network configuration, and that’s it. But first, let’s understand the problem and how this app is working around it.
The reason why there is no default setting in Android to activate WiFi repeater is because of the limitation of the network adapter of Android, it does not let you create two connection at the same time, i.e. if you try to create a hotspot while the WiFi is ON, the Android system will automatically turn OFF the WiFi.
And the app called NetShare no root tethering works smartly around this restriction. It first creates a workgroup, which takes the other devices on the same network. Do note, that as of now, the other device doesn’t have access to the internet. Now, in order to share the internet, the app creates a VPN in Android, which you’ll have to connect to from another device. Once you enter the proxy settings in the second device, it’ll redirect all the internet traffic through your device thereby having internet access.
Let’s see how to setup and get it working.
1. From your Android smartphone, head over to Google Play store and download NetShare no root tethering. This app is freemium and as the name suggests doesn’t require ROOT access.
2. Next, open up the app and turn it on and that’s it. It’ll create a new wifi network with a complicated name and WiFi password. Most of you’ll think about changing the network name and password but unfortunately, you can not do that. Due to Android restriction, you cannot change the WiFi name or password (like you do for WiFi hotspot). Take a note of WiFi name and password, we’ll have to connect to it, from other devices.
Now, the steps are a bit different on the different platforms – let’s start with Windows first.
1. Open up your Windows PC, and connect to the WiFi hotspot that says – DIRECT-Android and enters the password that you saw on the app in step 2. If you open up the browser now, you won’t see get internet access even though you are connected to the network. To fix that, you need to set up a proxy IP.
2. Head over to the Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Option,
3. Next click on the Connection tab and then LAN settings.
4. Check ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ and then enter the proxy IP address and port number.
5. Save changes and close the windows. Now, if you go to the browser and search for anything, you’ll have full internet access. The speed you get here will be the original speed of your wifi and you’ll be able to use internet on both devices at the same time.
1. Bring in your second Android device, and install the same Netshare app in it.
2. Now connect to the WiFi hotspot created by the first Android device
3. Once you connect to the WiFi hotspot, launch the Netshare app. You’ll see a pop up asking for VPN connection. Tap on Ok, and that’s it. The second device will be connected to the WiFi network and have internet access as well. The app will take care of setting up the proxy address, you don’t have to do anything.